SEAN Seed Service Centre Limited (SSSC)
Post: Field Technician (FT), Level: Fifth
Required No.: 1 (One)
- Implement/execute the research and seed production activities of vegetables and cereals seeds as per the program of the company.
- Identify, organize, and mobilize potential farmers in participatory variety selection and seed production.
- Identify the type of support required from the seed-producing farmers.
- Provide technical advice to the farmers regularly to implement crop research, variety development, seed production activities.
- Coordinate with the seed insurance company and support farmers for timely seed crop insurance at the local level.
- Build rapport and coordinate among the relevant stakeholders and line agencies to promote the seed production activities of the targeted beneficiaries.
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of the planned and approved activities and strategies in the targeted areas.
- Manage and organize demonstration plots, trial production plots, etc.; collect and document case studies, success stories and best practices for dissemination.
- Comply SEAN Seed Service Centre Limited values, policies code of conduct etc.
- Up to date record keeping and maintenance of farm book on different farm activities and programs.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required reasonably by the company or as per guidance by Manager(s).
- Diploma with some working experience or Technical SLC in agriculture with 2 years of working experience.
- Valid license of motorbike, person with own vehicle would be an asset.
- Excellent/good Nepali and English writing and speaking skills will be preferable.
- Good computer skills, especially on Microsoft Office package and Internet applications will find an additional advantage.
Benefits and duty station:
- The monthly remuneration and other benefits of the Field Technician will be negotiable based on the candidate’s qualification and experience; or as per the company's rules and regulations.
- The successful candidate is expected to join the company from 15th April 2022 (Baishakh 2, 2079).
- The minimum commitment must be of 3 years from the date of recruitment, the probation period will be of 6 months
- Duty station: R&D Station at Dailekh or Dang districts
- Interested candidates are requested to submit a scanned copy of the handwritten application along with a short CV and the name of 2 referees not later than 4:00 pm 10th April 2022 (27 Chait 2078).
- Applications can also be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or physically submitted to the Thankot Office during working days. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further selection process.
- The SSSC focuses on sales maximization and profit optimization, any suitable candidate is welcome to apply.
- Selected candidates will be informed by phone call or email for further selection process written test and interview that will be held at Kathmandu.
- Based on the result of individual candidates, the company will make a final selection and no appeal than after will be effective and entertained.
Recruitment Committee 2077, SEAN Seed Service Centre Limited.